Website Issues

• 385 posts
    May 13, 2022 7:43 AM CDT

Share any website issues here so we can address anything buggy or broken and get it fixed for you.

Thank you!

• 78 posts
    May 13, 2022 9:30 AM CDT

Ok Likes seem to work but are a little slow. 

• 78 posts
    May 13, 2022 9:37 AM CDT

Much better now. Say Thanks works as well. I believe I've fixed those two issues. For anyone not seeing changes and such, would you please clear browser cache. If you post any issues, would you please let us know the browser, browser version, and OS you use? That would be super awesome! 

• 385 posts
    May 13, 2022 10:31 AM CDT
    Techi Jedi said:

Much better now. Say Thanks works as well. I believe I've fixed those two issues. For anyone not seeing changes and such, would you please clear browser cache. If you post any issues, would you please let us know the browser, browser version, and OS you use? That would be super awesome! 

YESSSSS....the "say thanks" is back and "add reputation".  Yay!! Thank you!!

I'm using MF with DDG....ha...that looks wrong,.... my bad for trying to shorten it....but I'm going to leave it....lol...I use Mozilla Firefox with Duck Duck Go.

• 385 posts
    May 13, 2022 10:32 AM CDT

The "view more" seems to be working fine now too!

• 78 posts
    May 13, 2022 10:33 AM CDT

I use Bitdefender antivirus which also has various interwebz features.

• 385 posts
    May 13, 2022 10:42 AM CDT
    Techi Jedi said:

I use Bitdefender antivirus which also has various interwebz features.

I'm going to look into that too!

This post was edited by Web Diva at May 14, 2022 5:25 AM CDT
    • 385 posts
    May 13, 2022 12:42 PM CDT

Dark Contrast: Here's a screen shot of the buttons and forum categories.  We need to change the text color on the buttons and categories.  I'll look around other places

• 385 posts
    May 13, 2022 12:45 PM CDT

Need a good smilie pack too! Suggestions??

I have some beautiful retro and classic smilies, however, most of them are animated.  I'm not opposed to plucking in the non-animated, but it would literally be one by one

• 78 posts
    May 14, 2022 5:29 AM CDT

I used to get mine from emoticon central but I don't know if they are still up. I also like the animated ones lol. I would suggest just find low file size emoticons/smilies as it's not worth issues with page load if using big ones.

• 78 posts
    May 14, 2022 8:42 AM CDT

Can someone please check the forum in dark mode and let me know if I missed anything? Hopefully, it's all fixed. RE: buttons and menus were not able to be seen due to the font and background being the same color in dark mode.

• 78 posts
    May 14, 2022 8:43 AM CDT

Oh I see I did miss stuff lol.persnickety forum.

• 385 posts
    May 14, 2022 11:24 AM CDT

I checked earlier and it looked great, but now that I'm more awake, I'll look again.   Thank you, TJ

• 385 posts
    February 14, 2023 12:34 PM CST

I tried to "like" two separate comments this morning from a member and I got an error message.  I've seen this type of message before, but it's been a really long time ago.  I just checked my error log errors.

If anyone else has any issues, please share and I'll consult with a tech-guru too.

• 78 posts
    February 14, 2023 12:43 PM CST

It's usually better to start a new thread for new issues.This helps keep track of an issue and to keep threads easy to read and follow.

For your issue above, have the user "save" their privacy settings. This sometimes happens and involves the privacy settings just needing a kick. 

• 78 posts
    February 14, 2023 12:48 PM CST

Ok I see. The threads are showing in the feed and people are commenting on that. Those comments do not make it into the thread as they are not supposed to be there. As you see your thread is now barren of the discussion. so you are losing your discussions.

• 385 posts
    February 14, 2023 1:07 PM CST

Thank you for taking a look @Techi Jedi.  I'll be sure to start a new thread on new issues next time too, good point! You're the BEST!

• 385 posts
    November 26, 2023 10:36 AM CST

Taking a look at the new editor.  I have a question, because I'm not sure if it's me and I'm doing something wrong, so here is my question.

If I type a phrase and I want to copy/paste it in the editor as a duplicate phrase, I get a pop-up for adding a link.๐Ÿคจ

Phrase example:

I would like to copy/paste this phrase 

I've included two screen shots. You will see when I go to copy the above phrase I get link info.  If I click on link info, I get a module box to add a link.  I just want to repeat the above phrase.  What am I doing wrong?๐Ÿ™ƒ

Pop-up to add a link?

• 22 posts
    November 26, 2023 4:28 PM CST

I'll try this on my site and let you know how I get on, but looking at your screenshot I see you have the "Indent Right" button highlighted in blue, so do I on my site for some reason? ๐Ÿ˜‘

• 22 posts
    November 26, 2023 4:51 PM CST

Is the Copy/Paste something to do with the TinyMCE Editor Settings, Auto Link? ๐Ÿง

• 22 posts
    November 26, 2023 4:56 PM CST

Actually, I think Paste is Control V only?

• 385 posts
    November 26, 2023 8:51 PM CST

Thanks for looking Mark.  I'll take a look at what I was trying to do again and watch the highlighted icons.  Brb (be right back) ๐Ÿ˜€

• 385 posts
    November 26, 2023 8:53 PM CST

K, first check, the indent right button seems to be set as a default.  It's automatically highlighted before starting writing in the editor.

• 385 posts
    November 26, 2023 9:06 PM CST

Testing copying this text on a second line.

Testing copying this text on a second line.

*I was able to copy/paste by using editor and control C and control V.

Allrighty, here's what this new editor allows me to do....I have to click on "edit" above and chose copy then I can paste. I'm used to highlighting the text, but in this editor, if you highlight, you get that insert link thing.  Maybe I'm just old school on copy/paste, but it's quicker in this editor to use control C and control V.  I'll do that from now on, thanks @Mark Ransome! ๐Ÿ˜‡

Going to go hide now....lol๐Ÿ˜

• 385 posts
    November 26, 2023 9:07 PM CST

Oh, and the super nice thing about this editor is it finally preserved the paragraphs I wrote.  ๐Ÿ˜ It's about time. ๐Ÿ˜