Mark Ransome

• 22 posts
    January 31, 2023 4:43 AM CST

Hi I'm Mark,

Nice to be here! . I'm here really quite by accident after being contacted by Web Diva on another website, but I have to say it's nice to be here and actually find some interesting content and people rather than the usual rubbish you get on the main steam sites (I don't have to mention any names here do I!).

I am a budding self taught web developer, dabbling around with bits of code and have some of my own websites of which my flagship one is Special Trusted Friends, a site devoted to helping and supporting addicts. I am my self in recovery from alcohol addiction and have been there and done that and know the struggles.

I am also a volunteer at a support group here in sunny Tamworth, UK called Better Way Recovery and I built and now maintain there website for them: https://www.betterwayrecovery.org.uk/.

So, kind regards to all,

Mark 

• 385 posts
    January 31, 2023 10:24 AM CST

Great that you are here, Mark and part of FR.  I know what you mean about non-substantive content at those other websites we won't mention lol, but I'm sure we are both thinking of the same boorish websites.  Building websites with good content was my goal; a long process and a commitment of time, but it's worth it because it serves a purpose.

You are doing a great job in web development and your flagship, Special Trusted Friends is a noble creation for such honorable reasons. I know you will be able to help support so many as they go through their recovery through STF and Better Way Recovery.  Life is hard and the past few years has been particularity hard to muddle through and people need people and support in their challenging times.  Glad you are their to help!