Covid-19

• 385 posts
    July 27, 2022 1:10 PM CDT

I came across this article and thought it was interesting that scientist, doctor's and health officials are coming together to create another way to administer a Covid-19 vaccine through either a nasal spray or a patch.  No one likes injections.  They can hurt and for kids can be traumatizing.  I'm wondering also if they will change their formula too?

https://6abc.com/covid-19-sprays-vaccines-new-variants-white-house/12076398/

• 385 posts
    July 28, 2022 5:00 PM CDT

Could Genetics Be the Key to Never Getting the Coronavirus

Interesting perspective on Covid-19 and those that haven't had it yet.

• 385 posts
    September 21, 2022 12:37 PM CDT

So you haven't caught COVID yet. Does that mean you're a superdodger?

I found the lab studies and gene testing on the presumption that some people have the ability do "dodge" covid interesting.  How many of us are actually "super dodgers" with that special gene that prevents us from having the symptoms and our immune systems put the kibosh on the virus like instantly?

• 385 posts
    December 6, 2022 4:56 PM CST

Why are so many people sick right now?

What’s behind the seemingly omnipresent illness? Is it that there are suddenly more viruses than there were before? Or is it that our immune systems are weaker after years of masks and social distancing?

According to Dr. Andy Pekosz, a virologist and professor at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, it’s neither.

“It’s not that our immune systems are weaker, because it certainly seems like everybody is recovering. There’s not a really high increase in, let’s say, the mortality rate with the flu so far,” he explained.

If our immune systems had collectively weakened since 2020, we’d expect to see people getting sicker and dying more frequently from influenza, RSV or COVID-19, but that’s not the case. It’s more likely that we’re just “seeing the effects of three years of lack of virus circulation,” Pekosz said.

There are not many people I know right now, that are not sick.  There are a lot of people sick.  I'm hoping everyone can recover and get well!

This post was edited by Web Diva at December 6, 2022 4:56 PM CST
    • 385 posts
    January 14, 2023 6:09 PM CST

In case you have a hard time trying to locate this information on the CDC website, I've added the link here.

Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccination

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

• 385 posts
    January 19, 2023 10:28 AM CST

Has anyone been aware of the new covid strain in China; nearly a billion people have covid with 80% severe cases?

How will countries handle a new covid outbreak this time?

• 385 posts
    January 24, 2023 1:06 PM CST

The dilemma of ineffective drugs on covid.

Once favored covid drugs ineffective on the Omicron may be putting millions at risk.

While antiviral pills are plentiful and remain an option for some with weak immune systems, they won’t work for everyone — Pfizer’s Paxlovid interacts with many widely prescribed drugs.

Direct link to article:  https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/01/omicron-covid-antibody-drugs-immunocompromised-00075285
    This post was edited by Web Diva at January 24, 2023 1:06 PM CST