Personality Types, Getting along and Positive Tips

• 385 posts
    July 23, 2022 10:30 AM CDT

There are many ways to get along with other people, sometimes just being nice and courteous is just a win-win, however, there are a myriad of different personality types of people that you may work with and recognizing your personality type, as well as pin-pointing others, maybe helpful and having a better outcome in a working environment, even relationships.  Two of the most popular personality type tests are the Myer and Briggs and the DISC.

An essential guide to working with all the Myer-Briggs personality types.

Myer and Briggs Foundation

DISC Style personality types

This post was edited by Web Diva at July 23, 2022 4:25 PM CDT
    • 78 posts
    July 23, 2022 4:26 PM CDT

That's good info and a long read. I'll have to get more into it tomorrow when I'm more alert lol. Thank you for the post!

• 385 posts
    July 23, 2022 9:59 PM CDT

No prob,  the beauty of a forum is this info is always here for future reference. 

My daughter and I both tested the same on both of these tests.  Interesting.

This post was edited by Web Diva at July 24, 2022 8:47 AM CDT
    • 385 posts
    July 24, 2022 10:53 AM CDT

6 Toxic Relationship Habits Most People Think Are Normal

Found this article today.....maybe some modern views on how to make relationships work without the toxicity element.  Warning, there are a few curse words in this article.

• 40 posts
    July 26, 2022 6:10 PM CDT

Cool article.  But it seems aimed at teens.  I was already an adult when I met my g/f.  Yes it was tough at first, and we had our trials, but it was all worth it. 

• 385 posts
    July 26, 2022 7:01 PM CDT
    zoldos Ren said:

Cool article.  But it seems aimed at teens.  I was already an adult when I met my g/f.  Yes it was tough at first, and we had our trials, but it was all worth it. 

Isn't always that way?  I think getting along from the beginning isn't necessarily healthy.  You have to have those trials and discussions to lay a good foundation, really get to know each other, the good and the bad.  You both are lucky to be together!

• 385 posts
    August 3, 2022 10:54 AM CDT

A Simple Way to Introduce Yourself

Introducing yourself tips for work can be applied anytime.

• 40 posts
    August 11, 2022 3:53 AM CDT
    Mrs T said:

Isn't always that way?  I think getting along from the beginning isn't necessarily healthy.  You have to have those trials and discussions to lay a good foundation, really get to know each other, the good and the bad.  You both are lucky to be together!

Yes agreed!!

• 385 posts
    August 20, 2022 11:10 AM CDT

How Autistic People Experience Sensory Processing Issues

Autism is often misunderstood and the lack of information to the general public fails in bridging the gaps between educating people to better understand the real characteristics of Autism or sub-groups of the spectrum like Asperger's. 

Better understanding of each individual and how we are uniquely made would add value to family and friendships and even create stronger communities through more compassion.

• 385 posts
    August 20, 2022 2:59 PM CDT

The social vampire might be a new term to you, though this term has been gaining more notoriety in the past few years.  I've heard of it on occasion and I can see how this personality type earns it's name.  Having friends that care about you, your interests and your well-being are real friends.  Those friends that take up all of the air in the room when they walk in may be friends that are not always the healthiest to be with, though it all depends on you.

Here's an article on a short description of a Social Vampire.

The Rise of the Social Vampire, and How to Handle the One in Your Life

• 385 posts
    April 2, 2023 12:37 PM CDT

I found this excellent blog about ADHD on Special Trusted Friends.

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can cause hyperactivity, difficulty focusing, fatigue, impulsivity, and inattentiveness. You may only experience some of these symptoms, depending on your type. ADHD can seriously interfere with day-to-day functioning.

https://www.specialtrustedfriends.com/blogs/1/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-adhd