Purpose Driven Life

• 383 posts
    December 21, 2021 6:33 PM CST

Purpose-driven life; what can you do to empower your life? Finding a purpose may be the beginning of a fulfilling future!

Most of us have been challenged by the pandemic the past few years. All of us have experienced emotions of dread, fear, financial worries, unexpected decision-making, health challenges, loss of family and friends. Some of us have been able to persevere and trudge on, some of us have been feeling the weight of the world and have retreated inward, and some of us have had life epiphanies.

The first year of the pandemic, I cleaned all of my rooms, closets, sorted, tossed, reorganized, built shelving for several closets (don't be too impressed it was out-of-the-box metal shelving except for one cabinet that was a 6-hour kick-my-bum experience), cleaned like crazy until I felt like I could eat off of my floors and prayed a lot. Like millions of families, we weren't really sure where we were going to end up a year ago.

Through all of this first year of the pandemic, I felt sad, frustrated, confused, but I still had hope. It was my hope and faith that collided one day and made me realize that my life had been without a purpose. I had been so busy caring for others (that's what mom's do) yet I forgot to care for me. That's when I realized I had been leading life without a purpose. I spent weeks mulling this new concept through my head and tried to figure out what my purpose was. Then the planets just aligned just perfectly, and I felt that spiritual tap on my shoulder and envisioned God smiling at me.

Life is not fulfilling without a purpose. Humans are meant to congregate, socialize together, group together, pray together, laugh together, console each other over loss, lift each other up, love either other, care for each other and above all treat our brothers and sisters with respect, love, kindness, warmth, as God taught us too.

Once I discovered what my new purpose was, my inner soul had been renewed as my faith often times wavers. I knew God had been carrying me like the poem, "Footprints in the Sand", written by Mary Stevenson

The part everyone is most familiar with:

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you,
    Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
    When you saw only one set of footprints,
    It was then that I carried you."

This pandemic has challenged us all, and your life might have been already difficult before the pandemic era. Take some time to yourself and reach down deep in your heart and ask yourself, what can you do that would be fulfilling, helpful to others, healing to your soul? Talk to your family and friends and set a plan for a positive change in your life. It can be as small as exercising 20 minutes a day, or as big as you want it to be. Find what that is, process it and lead a purpose driven life. Without a purpose, what then? Wishing all of my friends many blessings for 2022 and beyond. I would love to know how you will create a better purpose driven life, a more fulfilling way of living, laughing and just staying happy! ~T.

This post was edited by Web Diva at February 21, 2022 6:29 PM CST