Suggestions and Feedback

• 383 posts
    October 4, 2021 3:31 PM CDT

Suggestions and any Feedback are welcome so we can make your experience at Friend's Realm great!

Please don't be shy if you find a feature, wonky issue, or any other area that is not working right that might need to be addressed.  I'm happy to take care of it.

Please post any issues and I'll respond as soon as I can with an answer.

This post was edited by Web Diva at April 16, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
    • 383 posts
    April 1, 2023 11:15 PM CDT
    True Legend said:

Here are some suggestions:

1) A tree structure to allow comments on comments, sub-threads... and all that.

2) Setting to restore full chat history upon return

3) Pop out chat option just like on facebook, meaning it can be made full-screen

4) Options for a variety of emojis

I look forward to hearing your thoughts

Good suggestions, thank you @True Legend.

1. Tree structure for comments- are you referring to comments that thread in layers (which vary depending on what member is commenting within the conversation to whom?) instead of one layer deep in the comment sections as they are now?

2. Setting to restore all chat history. The way the chat is structured it's designed to not keep a history, however, I've noticed that if I click the minus - (minimize), some of my chat history is still there. Once I click on the "x" then my chat history is erased. I do understand wanting to keep the history part and I'm not sure this could change. Perhaps use the IM Chat for quick chatting and the important stuff you use the private message system that way you have a record of the conversations you want to keep?

3. Pop Up Chat option- I agree, that would be great. That would be a request to the developers.

There is a "chat room" page. I have two chat rooms set up but I can set up more. Believe it or not, I haven't used it yet, but if you are up for it, we can experiment and see how it works?

To the chat room page: https://friendsrealm.com/chat />
    4. Emoji's- I couldn't agree more. We actually were doing an emoji test last month as I have some classic emoji sets from when I used vBulletin years ago. I love those emoji's but we couldn't make them work as the animated emoji's were a little "broken". It is on the "to do" list to improve the emoji experience for sure.

This is the thread we were testing some old emoji's last month and also experimenting with size of the emoji's in the comment sections.

https://friendsrealm.com/forums/topic/94/favorite-smilies
    • 383 posts
    April 2, 2023 7:19 PM CDT

This website is built on Social Engine...just as other websites may be built on xenForo or vBulletin....basically you unpack it and customize it.

This post was edited by Web Diva at April 2, 2023 7:20 PM CDT
    • 383 posts
    April 2, 2023 7:22 PM CDT

Suggestions are always great, appreciate it.  I can sometimes make changes within the ACP as some suggestions are possible within the current structure, but others are more complicated which is for the developers.

• 383 posts
    April 3, 2023 3:57 PM CDT
    True Legend said: Oh and another thing - consider the number of times we cross-posted, lol. We should be able to see on the chat when someone is typing. Yes, lol....we did cross-post That would be nice too!! I'll submit your ideas to SE. Thanks for your thoughts on how to improve.