Do You Have Demodex (Face Mites)?

• 22 posts
    February 12, 2024 2:25 AM CST

This handsome boy is called a Demodex. Its dimensions are approximately 0.3mm, which means you can’t see it living on your face. Especially on your forehead, nose and chin. He's always there and it will be that way forever. At night, they vigorously mate on your face and then lay its eggs in the pores of your skin.

More info here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3884930/

This post was edited by Mark Ransome at February 12, 2024 2:26 AM CST
    • 385 posts
    February 12, 2024 11:48 AM CST

First of all.....ewwww!!

Second of all...I have enough OCD's so I'm really dedicated to Monday's laundry day and much of the week is also filled with laundry, so to see this little guy, knowing he exists and what his habits are at night time, add more of a freak out right now....ewwww!!

Glad I'm in the habit of getting a fresh pillow case every other night...seems I'll have to step that up to every night then...lol! 😃

Thanks for sharing with us this little demodex creature.

• 40 posts
    February 12, 2024 7:15 PM CST

If you like that, do a Google search for "bot fly larva removal from eyeball". 🤣

• 22 posts
    February 13, 2024 1:53 AM CST

Just to quote from the article:

Demodex is an ecto-parasite of pilo-sebaceous follicle and sebaceous gland, typically found on the face including cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, temples, eye lashes, brows, and also on the balding scalp, neck, ears. Other seborrheic regions such as naso-labial folds, peri-orbital areas, and less commonly upper and medial region of chest and back are also infested. They may also be found on penis, mons veneris, buttocks, and in the ectopic sebaceous glands in the buccal mucosa.

Apparently we all have them, Sweet dreams! ðŸ˜†

This post was edited by Mark Ransome at February 13, 2024 3:41 AM CST
    • 385 posts
    February 13, 2024 3:56 PM CST

Gross to parasites!!

I looked up bot fly....I feel sorry for the animals that get them and humans too.  ðŸ˜•

I suppose there are more parasites to be discussed on this informative thread.😛