A human life span, can it be extended?

• 385 posts
    January 27, 2024 10:42 AM CST

I found this article interesting as it discusses how our DNA gets faulty through our life span and when it does, it affects the basic working order of our bodies or causes cancer. 

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/mystery-of-why-humans-die-around-80-may-finally-be-solved?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Humans and animals die after amassing a similar number of genetic mutations, researchers have found, suggesting the speed of DNA errors is critical in determining the lifespan of a species.

I think it's possible to extend our lifespans with good nutrition and taking care of our mitochondria, while also keeping our stem cells well and stalling our senescent cells cycle.

This post was edited by Web Diva at January 27, 2024 3:43 PM CST
    • 22 posts
    January 27, 2024 7:37 PM CST

Interesting article, but you lost me with:

taking care of our mitochondria, while also keeping our stem cells well and stalling our senescent cells cycle.

Lol 😀

• 47 posts
    February 1, 2024 1:14 PM CST
    Web Diva said:

I found this article interesting as it discusses how our DNA gets faulty through our life span and when it does, it affects the basic working order of our bodies or causes cancer. 

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/mystery-of-why-humans-die-around-80-may-finally-be-solved?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Humans and animals die after amassing a similar number of genetic mutations, researchers have found, suggesting the speed of DNA errors is critical in determining the lifespan of a species.

I think it's possible to extend our lifespans with good nutrition and taking care of our mitochondria, while also keeping our stem cells well and stalling our senescent cells cycle.

Super interesting article! I agree on what you said, good nutrition definitely contributes to longevity, and maintaining all those aspects of our health. 

• 385 posts
    March 17, 2024 10:54 AM CDT
    Mark Ransome said:

Interesting article, but you lost me with:

taking care of our mitochondria, while also keeping our stem cells well and stalling our senescent cells cycle.

Lol 😀

Lol....our mitochondria are our ultimate health drivers and our stem cells grow less vibrant as we age.....senescent cells when they die, for example when people go gray, they have lost that cell health that allowed their hair color to be maintained. 

There's a large market now for stem cells either through IV or injected in damaged joints or for health challenges etc.  Stem Cells are also being used to rejuvenate skin. 

• 385 posts
    March 17, 2024 10:55 AM CDT

@Alexis Bello, yes, nothing replaces good nutrition.