Best timing to eat protein for the best muscle gain.

• 385 posts
    December 31, 2023 10:12 AM CST

Here's when you should eat protien.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/here-s-when-you-should-eat-protein?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Because protein is key to muscle building, most people focus on getting a quick hit right after a tough training session. While that’s important, the timing of when you eat the rest of your daily protein may matter just as much. Your body uses the nutrients from your meal or snack to build muscle for somewhere around four to five hours, says Brad Schoenfeld, assistant professor in exercise science at Lehman College. “That means that to stimulate muscle growth throughout the day, you should consume protein every four hours or so,” he says. 

As we get older it's harder to maintain muscle.  If you have been a cardio junkie most of your life, like me, there does come to a point of time that you will need to start some kind of a weight lifting program (with your doctor's approval), to preserve your muscle.  Keeping strong muscle strength also helps to protect your bones as a supportive structure.

This post was edited by Web Diva at December 31, 2023 10:12 AM CST
    • 47 posts
    January 10, 2024 3:32 PM CST

Interesting about when to eat protein! The food examples actually sounded really good too, I really liked the breakfast, especially the yogurt part, "grass-fed organic Greek yogurt served with a teaspoon of raw organic honey, a dash of cinnamon, and one cup of mixed berries.". That just sounds yummy. 

• 385 posts
    January 13, 2024 9:58 AM CST
    Alexis Bello said:

Interesting about when to eat protein! The food examples actually sounded really good too, I really liked the breakfast, especially the yogurt part, "grass-fed organic Greek yogurt served with a teaspoon of raw organic honey, a dash of cinnamon, and one cup of mixed berries.". That just sounds yummy. 

It does and sounds gentle for a first of the day meal too.  The cinnamon may help your blood sugar stability from the first start in the morning too?

• 47 posts
    March 4, 2024 7:49 PM CST
    Web Diva said:
    Alexis Bello said:

It does and sounds gentle for a first of the day meal too.  The cinnamon may help your blood sugar stability from the first start in the morning too?

Yes! Cinnamon is supposed to be good for your blood sugar. 

• 385 posts
    March 17, 2024 10:43 AM CDT

Cinnamon is so good.  I used to drink Cinnamon tea years ago.  Nice in the winter.