Inside the Last-Minute Mindset: “Why Do I Only Feel Motivated When a Deadline Is Looming?”

• 385 posts
    September 5, 2023 11:23 AM CDT

I think there are many types of work ethics that people have in terms of getting a job down and meeting a deadline.  Me, personally, I'm a pacer.  I know when the deadline is and I'll work to get the job done before the deadline to allow some space in case I have to edit or rework what I did for a final submission.  Then there are other people that work best under pressure and submit their work or project 30 seconds before it's due.  Are you a chronic procrastinator or do you have the opposite mindset and just get the project done, no waiting?

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/inside-the-last-minute-mindset-why-do-i-only-feel-motivated-when-a-deadline-is-looming?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

I’m not the only one. A 2007 study published in Psychological Bulletin found that 15-20% of people chronically procrastinate, with 25% describing this as their dominant personality trait. And it doesn’t have to be confined to a work context; as Christmas approaches, many of us will once again come face to face with our last-minute tendencies when we end up doing all of our present shopping in a panicked 24th December dash. So, why do so many people only feel motivated when a deadline is hanging over them? 

• 47 posts
    September 6, 2023 11:16 PM CDT

Wow yeah totally me... I've literally turned in homework the same minute it's due (and somehow get 100), but it's a super stressful process I tend to get stuck in :p

• 385 posts
    September 7, 2023 11:01 AM CDT

Tell me about....I've see you in action and how you work...lol!!