Do you have Decision Fatigue?

• 385 posts
    August 22, 2023 9:21 AM CDT

Sometimes in life we get overwhelmed and a bit paralyzed to move forward in what we know we need to do, but somehow can't get started.  Here's an article that discusses "decision fatigue" and how to rise above those paralyzing moments when you can't move forward. The author parallels decision fatigue to clutter in your living environment and includes suggestions on how to best tackle your challenges in your home while healing your brains ability to make normal decisions without stalling and getting stuck in a lull.  Learn to move forward in your day with better results; declutter your life, declutters your brain.

https://www.homesandgardens.com/solved/how-to-overcome-decision-fatigue?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Luckily, decluttering your home can be a great first step to reducing decision fatigue in daily life – so long as you declutter correctly, that is. Here, professional home organizers and psychologists have explained how to overcome decision fatigue by decluttering your home, and how to avoid it when clearing things out.  

• 385 posts
    November 5, 2023 9:07 AM CST

Here's another compilation of articles about the craft of how to make decisions.  When you have too many options and can't choose, or make a decision, it's called decision paralysis according to this article.  Within this link there are multiple links below on the page to take you to different ways and perspectives in decision making.

https://getpocket.com/collections/how-to-overcome-indecision?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

We’d love to recommend flipping a coin to clear the anxiety, but realistically, overcoming indecisiveness requires a more nuanced approach. “Decisions are complex, not necessarily because the choice between two options is complex but also, and more importantly, because human beings are complex,” says Joseph Bikart in Psyche. Luckily, understanding how we got to this point can help untangle even the thorniest bouts of indecision—especially when followed up with trusted methods for moving forward. Ready to get started? Wait—don’t answer that. Let’s go.

• 47 posts
    November 21, 2023 12:01 PM CST
    Web Diva said:

Sometimes in life we get overwhelmed and a bit paralyzed to move forward in what we know we need to do, but somehow can't get started. Here's an article that discusses "decision fatigue" and how to rise above those paralyzing moments when you can't move forward. The author parallels decision fatigue to clutter in your living environment and includes suggestions on how to best tackle your challenges in your home while healing your brains ability to make normal decisions without stalling and getting stuck in a lull. Learn to move forward in your day with better results; declutter your life, declutters your brain.

[url=https://www.homesandgardens.com/solved/how-to-overcome-decision-fatigue?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us]https://www.homesandgardens.com/solved/how-to-overcome-decision-fatigue?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Luckily, decluttering your home can be a great first step to reducing decision fatigue in daily life – so long as you declutter correctly, that is. Here, professional home organizers and psychologists have explained how to overcome decision fatigue by decluttering your home, and how to avoid it when clearing things out.

A really good guide for decluttering! I will keep those steps in mind for the rest of my decluttering projects
    • 78 posts
    November 21, 2023 12:30 PM CST

Oh, I hate having to make decisions in home stuff when I have to make so many in work. So, when it's "what do you want for breakfast" or whatever, I tend to say - I don't want to decide, surprise me. It just is daunting sometimes to have to decide. 

Thanks for the guides. I need those as I have this problem with housework, crafts, writing, etc. 

• 385 posts
    November 22, 2023 6:09 PM CST

@Techi Jedi I get that decision making delay when you make so many other decisions during the day. Me too, brain a little fried this week, well really this month.

Some of the hardest decisions is something you have to live with and can't change, like when you are creating a user name and it's permanent   It took me a whole week to come up with a clever account name for a game back in 2007.  The other hard decisions are the life changing ones.  You can get caught up in the pros and cons.  I can also see where it's refreshing to let someone surprise you with a breakfast choice.

@Alexis Bello so, this week we've been getting the house ready for company, we've de-cluttered some, dealt with some stuff, we did good.  Of course after Thanksgiving, we will have some more to do for Christmas lol.  At least you got the tree up in time for Thanksgiving this year.

• 47 posts
    December 21, 2023 12:50 AM CST
    Web Diva said:

@Techi Jedi I get that decision making delay when you make so many other decisions during the day. Me too, brain a little fried this week, well really this month.

Some of the hardest decisions is something you have to live with and can't change, like when you are creating a user name and it's permanent   It took me a whole week to come up with a clever account name for a game back in 2007.  The other hard decisions are the life changing ones.  You can get caught up in the pros and cons.  I can also see where it's refreshing to let someone surprise you with a breakfast choice.

@Alexis Bello so, this week we've been getting the house ready for company, we've de-cluttered some, dealt with some stuff, we did good.  Of course after Thanksgiving, we will have some more to do for Christmas lol.  At least you got the tree up in time for Thanksgiving this year.

Flash-forward to Christmas time, we are indeed doing more for Christmas lol XD

• 385 posts
    January 13, 2024 10:25 AM CST

Now it's the after Christmas clean up time. 😝 We've managed to clear some stuff, but the jury is still out on how long the Christmas tree gets to stay up.😁

• 47 posts
    February 1, 2024 2:42 PM CST
    Web Diva said:

Now it's the after Christmas clean up time. 😝 We've managed to clear some stuff, but the jury is still out on how long the Christmas tree gets to stay up.😁

That's true :p It's such a nice tree though lol

• 385 posts
    February 6, 2024 7:38 PM CST
    Alexis Bello said:
    Web Diva said:

The tree is still up

• 47 posts
    March 4, 2024 7:48 PM CST
    Web Diva said:
    Alexis Bello said:
    Web Diva said:

The tree is still up

Indeed, and even now it's still up

• 385 posts
    March 17, 2024 10:44 AM CDT

The tree is coming down this week. ðŸĪŠ