DIY dishwasher pods

• 385 posts
    July 20, 2023 9:27 AM CDT

I've recently learned that the dishwasher pods we use in her mechanical dishwashers have forever chemicals and that it's best to use safer ingredients.  I recently found this article on how to make your own dishwasher pods.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/save-money-by-making-your-own-dishwasher-tablets?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Are you thinking, naw....too much trouble....I'm kind of thinking that at the moment then on the other hand, forever chemicals have their own danger to our health.  I may try it once and see how it goes?

Now I could be fun because I can add my own favorite essential oils and instead of smelling chemicals I can have a hint of orange or vanilla instead? 

• 22 posts
    July 20, 2023 11:10 AM CDT

It's not too much trouble for me, I have a great dishwasher, ME!! Lol 

• 47 posts
    July 25, 2023 12:17 AM CDT

I would totally do it to avoid the forever chemicals. Though I would just prefer manufacturers to make a clean product to begin with  

• 385 posts
    July 25, 2023 8:32 AM CDT
    Mark Ransome said: It's not too much trouble for me, I have a great dishwasher, ME!! Lol Lol...I know what you mean about washing your own dishes. There is a difference when you wash you're own dishes versus the dishes that come out of the dishwasher machine. You're own dishes are cleaner, aren't they?
    • 385 posts
    July 25, 2023 8:34 AM CDT
    Alexis Bello said: I would totally do it to avoid the forever chemicals. Though I would just prefer manufacturers to make a clean product to begin with Agreed, I don't know why more manufacturers don't make a conscious effort to make safer products where people don't ingest the chemicals. Now we have to find a new dishwasher soap. It will probably cost three times as much as what we've been using and half the amount.
    • 78 posts
    August 20, 2023 8:30 AM CDT

This would have been great in the DIY groupdiscussion area. Thanks for the tips.

• 78 posts
    August 20, 2023 8:31 AM CDT

Also note, I was testing adding a link title, and having it open in new tab. Both work! Yay!

• 385 posts
    August 20, 2023 9:30 AM CDT

Cool, your test worked....super YAY!!

*I will link this to the DIY group.

• 47 posts
    March 4, 2024 7:50 PM CST
    Web Diva said:
    Alexis Bello said: I would totally do it to avoid the forever chemicals. Though I would just prefer manufacturers to make a clean product to begin with Agreed, I don't know why more manufacturers don't make a conscious effort to make safer products where people don't ingest the chemicals. Now we have to find a new dishwasher soap. It will probably cost three times as much as what we've been using and half the amount.

Isn't it a shame you have to spend more for less junk? :p

• 385 posts
    March 17, 2024 10:42 AM CDT

@Alexis Bello...I'm happy with the Method brand dishwasher pods you recommended.