What's happening in your life?

• 385 posts
    June 30, 2023 4:05 PM CDT

I've posted a few updates lately.  I thought it would be nice to share any life daily stuff you want to chat about.

• 385 posts
    June 30, 2023 4:15 PM CDT

I've posted a few updates lately, some vague and some obvious.  The obvious life disasters were that our one water heater blew up last week.  Then on Monday, one of our AC units went kaput and all in the same day so did our pool cleaning machine. Hence the interesting link @Mark Ransome shared on the "rule of three".

Well, the rule of three in my house has grown.  I checked the closet in my daughter's room today to see if it was dry from the water heater drama.  The carpet was still damp.  I decided to pull back the carpet and check on the pad, as I have experience with this having been a property manager in my past life.  Pulled the carpet back and saw some mold. Blimey, what a mess.  The pad will have to come out and we will have to treat the sheet rock.

Since this is in my daughter's room, we have spent some of our afternoon moving her into the guest bedroom upstairs.  She's already using the en-suite bathroom upstairs since we had the water heater saga, simply because we need to rule out if there's a problem with her bathtub that shares the wall to her bedroom, to make sure there's not some plumbing issue there.

Some of you may recall, I started spring cleaning and I never got to finish that and I'm in the midst of taking care of that....however, now our upstairs looks like mayhem because we had to move stuff out of the guest bedroom so my daughter could use the room while we are dealing with her bedroom and getting all of that fixed.

For the record, I had a major headache the other day, dd has had a headache and we both have one now.  We think it's the mold.  Good grief.